[Oneiric-Topic] Tomcat 7

Michael Jeanson mjeanson at revolutionlinux.com
Tue Apr 12 14:13:15 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi All
>
> Apache Tomcat 7 was released in January making the newer versions of
> the
> Servlet (3.0) and JSP (2.2) specifications available; Ubuntu currently
> supports Tomcat 6 in main.
>
> It would be great to understand how widely this package is being used
> and what the appetite to move to Tomcat 7 looks like. Targeting a
> tomcat7 package at universe for Oneiric might make sense.
>
> Cheers
>
> James
>
> --
> James Page
> Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team

+1, I'm running a couple tomcat6 servers on ubuntu (hardy with
a custom baked 6.0.29 package based on maverick) and we are not
planning to make the move to tomcat7 yet but having a package
in universe would definitely be of great help to start the
testing phase.

---
Michael Jeanson - Revolution Linux
http://www.revolutionlinux.com - (819) 780 8955 #1119