Shorewall and squid transparent proxy problem

Diego Xirinachs dxiri343 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:40:51 UTC 2011

Thanks a lot for your input, to answer your questions and clarify further,

- I had the ACCEPT rule before the REDIRECT one before asking for help, and
didnt work also, will change it back and leave it like that, so rules order
would be:

ACCEPT        $FW        net        tcp        www
REDIRECT    loc        3128        tcp        www        -
ACCEPT        $FW        loc        icmp
ACCEPT        $FW        net        icmp
##############################
###################

- Explain when you can/want, I am curious :D

- Regarding the iptables commands, no, im not sure. I just took those 2
commands from a tutorial and ran them to see if they would work.

- Those 2 iptables commands you gave me, Can I run them with shorewall
installed or would the server act weird?

Today I noticed I dont have a masq file, and that IF the EXTERNAL network
isnt connected on eth0 (mine is on eth1) you have to edit this masq file to
reverse the order, at least thats what Shorewall documentation says (i dont
have the URL handy) If that works I will post results here.

thanks a lot again :D

--
X1R1