[Oneiric-Topic] Revisit Xen support

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Mon Apr 4 10:31:52 UTC 2011

2011/4/2 Serge van Ginderachter <serge at vanginderachter.be>:
> On 2 April 2011 16:58, Clint Byrum <clint at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Serge, would you mind elaborating on that? I'm looking for facts.
>
> I tested several virtualisation technologies last year.

I'm terribly sorry, but this information is practically useless. There
are no version numbers, no information about configuration, about
backing stores, disk image formats, cache settings, and very little
about hardware, etc. I can't e.g. tell if your factor 8 drop i
performance on Ubuntu for small writes is due to the virtual disk
being backed by a qcow2 on ext4, for instance, and as such, I can't
use the data (and much less the conclusions) for anything.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/