[Oneiric-Topic] Augeas Integration

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:13:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> I don't think any policy changes are needed.  I think providing a lense and
> Recommending or Depending on Augeas is sufficient.  I don't read "provide a
> program" as meaning the actual code is required to live in the relevant
> package.

Right. Some providing a library that allows to modify the conffile
would be fine, too.

> I agree with the concept.  I think that we need to move forward on something
> like this in coordination with Debian (at leasts on the goals and technology).
> Ubuntu may choose to implement aspects of this before Debian does, but no
> matter which distro is ahead at any given time, I think it's essential that
> both be on the same road.

I completely agree. I am not a DD so it's much easier for me to
implement that in Debian, but I would certainly not like to diverge on
this subject, all the more that it has no reason to be
Ubuntu-specific.

Raphaël