libvirt and bridge age

DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:09:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've set up virtual machine using libvirt on ubuntu 10.04 and guest is
also same. Everything went smoothly and working fine, except
networking.

Bridge network is working fine after start, but goes away after a
while. IP used on my guest points to host, so everything stops
working. If I login to my virtual machine using virt-viewer or similar
tools, and do some network activity, then bridge starts to work. And
after some time it goes away.

Searching google and reading various manuals I found nothing useful
except bridge aging. IIRC, bridges stores MAC for a while and clears
it. Due to this problem my services goes down until I login using
libvirt tools and do some network activity. Below is my
/etc/network/interface file where I tried to disable bridge aging.

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
	address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
	netmask	255.255.255.0