Ethernet bridging weirdness

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 15 14:58:06 UTC 2010

On 15-09-2010 16:50, Douglas Stanley wrote:
>> Come to think of it, I'm not sure "allow-hotplug br1" should even
>> be there. Try removing that, too.
> So are you suggesting I have no auto br1 or allow-hotplug br1?

Yes.

> How will it start on boot then?

By having eth2 turn up which is one of br1's bridge_ports.

> Does anyone know just how I can debug the sittuation??

Yes, but a mailing list is annoyingly slow for this kind of thing. If
you could hop on #ubuntu-server on IRC, that would be much easier.

> The devices are abviously attempting to get configured, as they are
> getting entries put in /var/run/network/ifstate, however, they are
> not actually coming up!

I suspect the order in which stuff turns up has something to do with it.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/