Ethernet bridging weirdness

Douglas Stanley douglas.m.stanley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:31:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Sebastien Estienne
<sebastien.estienne at gmail.com> wrote:
> swap the hard drives, so you ll see if it a software issue or hardware

Ok, this didn't really work. I realized after I swapped drives, that
the udev persistent net rules would be all wrong. BUT, after swapping
drives, both machines had both a br0 and a br1 bridge, although listed
with no ports attached. But just the fact that the bridge came up fine
when it couldn't find eth2 atleast tells me something. Not sure what
it tells me, but it tells me something.

I also tried swapping out the plugs to the upstream switch, thinking
maybe the two switchports that both machines' eth2 ports were
connected to was causing it, but the both worked the same regardless.