landscape-common

Nikolai K. Bochev n.bochev at grandstarco.com
Wed Sep 1 18:32:16 UTC 2010

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so i'll just ask and duck.
Since one of the last updates of landscape there was a change that disallowed displaying of motd stats if the loadavg is above 1.
I could understand this for a desktop, but since the motd is displayed only on servers it makes no sense. I can hardly see people running servers ( even home use ) on single-core cpus.
For example if i have 16 cores, it would make sense to disable it when i have loadavg > 16 ?
Any other thoughts on that ?

--

Nikolai K. Bochev
System Administrator