problem while mounting an LVM

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Oct 4 21:04:42 UTC 2010

Quoting Tapas Mishra (mightydreams at gmail.com):
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Serge E. Hallyn
> <serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:
> ....snip.....
> > so fuseblk is what is actually returning -EBUSY.
> >What kind of fs is actually on nintendo-backupos?
> When I used cfdisk to create filesystem on it I created two partitions
> type 83 was big size and type 82 was swap space.

Ok - in that case I hope someone else can tell you the right
way to mount this (and it may well be fuseblk, but i've not
used that myself) and I'll read the answer and learn :)

In the past, for something like this I would have done

	mount -o loop,offset=32256 /dev/mapper/nintendo-backupos /mnt/backups

but that probably isn't right for you, and isn't helpful (well,
it become arduous to calculate the offset) if the type 83 partition
wasn't the first one.

-serge