how to transfer an LVM Guest OS on KVM Lucid to another server

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:03:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Serge E. Hallyn
<serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:
> Can you define 'extra work'?
extra work: creating an LVM and making a filesystem populating that
filesystem with rsync backup and then copying xml
files and then some how booting from this one.
This some how is what I am not clear with and trying.

> If you want it to be really fast, make sure that the VM backing stores
> are shared between the two servers,
Ok
> and at the same pathnames on both.
You mean to say NFS or iSCSI type of thing,

> With maverick you can ask libvirt to move the backing store for you.
Ok that would be released in a week so I have to wait till then,
but still I want to explore this thing.