copying an rsync backup in a new LVM

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:38:18 UTC 2010

I am not clear if I am doing the correct thing so some one point me to
the correct thing.
I created a snapshot Volume of an LVM which holded a guest OS.
I mounted this snapshot and using I took a backup on a server
connected remotely.

Now on Server A I created a new LVM this server A is different from
all the above servers.
I created a filesystem on this LVM and want to copy the rsync backup
in this filesystem on A.
But after creating the new LVM which has just a filesystem but no OS
installed how do I mount it
so that the rsync backup which  I am having some where I can copy and
use this to have a new VM
on A.