how to transfer an LVM Guest OS on KVM Lucid to another server

Dan Sheffner dsheffner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 06:02:32 UTC 2010

Tapas,

There is a command virsh migrate --live instanceName
qemu+ssh://vmserver06/system.  Though I haven't had much luck with it.
Check out the last post in this forum:

The other option I have used is shutdown the virtual machine and just
manually move over the xml and the file that runs the virtual machine.

I would like to hear your take on any of this if you ever get it working
correctly across 3 or more machines.  The pain point is also having a shared
NFS location for each server running KVM.  I don't have any fancy SAN/NAS
devices so I/O through gigabyte ethernet is a concern when running many
virtual machine all trying to do disk I/O.