Focus For Community Growth In 11.04?

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 23 21:35:59 UTC 2010

Hi All,

For those of you who don't know me, I am Jono Bacon and I lead the
community team at Canonical. I just wanted to get in touch with you all
to get some feedback.

Today on my team I have Ahmed Kamal who is tasked with growing the
Ubuntu Cloud community across our range of public and private cloud
products, and he is focusing on both the user and contributor community.
If you want to keep up to date with his work, you can follow his blog at
http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/ as well as on http://planet.ubuntu.com

Of course, the server is much more than just the cloud though, and I
know the Ubuntu Server community has struggled over the years in keeping
the momentum going, and I am keen to contribute some of Jorge Castro's
time, who is also on the team, to helping the general server team grow
and be as successful as possible.

Now, this is a busy cycle for Jorge with the move to Unity on the
desktop, so he will have some limited time for this, but I want to
ensure he spends his time most wisely.

The question I have for you folks is - where do you feel like he should
focus first? Which areas of the community could most do with our help?
Do we need more people involved? Better knowledge transfer? Increased
buzz and excitement?

I just wanted to kick off a discussion so we can best plan this work,
and while we can't focus on everything, I think getting a good head
start on the key areas will be beneficial to the community.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon