Server Team 20101109 meeting minutes

Clint Byrum clint at
Mon Nov 15 20:41:37 UTC 2010


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Meeting Actions ====

* mathiaz: to verify SRU bug 666028
* ALL: please check the SRU tracker for verification-needed bugs and help out
with verification
* SpamapS: change kernel team representative from jjohansen to smb in meeting
agenda going forward
* robbiew: update the fridge calendar with new ubuntu server meeting time
* hggdh: contact Ubuntu Developers asking for packages which run test suites
during build.

==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====

Because the previous meeting was pre-UDS, there were no ACTION points to

==== Natty Development ====

Specifications should be submitted for review, robbiew is reviewing/approving
those that are ready.

==== Maverick SRUs ====

* JamesPage brought up bug #666028 as it would need verification.
* This brought up the bigger topic that there are no actual resources
available to do verification of SRU's right now, so we should all allocate
some time to watching for SRU's that are marked verification-needed and verify
when possible. These are listed in Chuck's  SRU tracker:
* There was talk of a "daily verification" schedule similar to bug triage.
Discussion of this further is deferred.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====

* The ISO images page was consolidated, causing some confusion. hggdh thought
we were going to have to start doing ISO testing for MAC, armel, PPC, even
possibly PS3.
* robbiew put this to rest, i386/amd64 are the only ones requiring server ISO
testing. This was just the result of consolidation.
* hggdh is expanding daily builds to include any packages that run extensive
tests during their build process.
* All are encouraged to send examples to hggdh. He will contact ubuntu
developers for help in finding more.
* mathiaz noted that rules files could be grepped for the 'nocheck' test that
is suggested for any large test suites during build.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====

* jjohansen has transitioned his role as server team kernel delegate to smb
* smb notes kernel bug #415353 which he will be looking into to help address
issues with teh bnx2x drivers.
* jjohansen noted that there is an SRU pending for bug #651370 which causes
ec2 to crash with an invalid opcode in maverick
* jjohansen noted that pv-on-hvm drivers are in the natty kernel and will
undergo testing/experimentation in the short term.

==== Meeting time and scheduling ====

* The meeting is a bit late in the day for many of the european participants,
so it was proposed, and accepted, to move the meeting back to 1600 UTC.
* robbiew will add an entry to the official #ubuntu-meeting calendar on the

==== Open Discussion ====

* RoAkSoaX would like people to review his split for cluster-stack library
packages. SpamapS suggests adding a merge proposal and asking ubuntu-server
for review.
==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 16th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-

More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list