Manual fan control on a Proliant DL585?

Mark van Harmelen mark at hedtek.com
Thu Mar 25 09:18:04 UTC 2010

A bit off topic? but

wire cutters (lol)

new fans eg something like
http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/amx-coolers/nh-d14 if they fit
(yeah yeah are they server grade? at least they have two fans each)

BIOS settings

nice machine room somewhere

ventilated cupboard

bosses office

I worked in a machine room for a few years, now I have tinnitus - watch out.
I would use double ear defence (foam ear plus or better with headset type
ear defenders on top)

Your email address is in the UK, if you are at an employers I'd threaten in
a nice way H&S legislation via a Council safety officer

Work from home

New machine

New job

regards