Meeting Minutes from Ubuntu Server Team meeting

Chuck Short chuck.short at canonical.com
Thu Mar 11 15:01:39 UTC 2010

==== Action points from previous meetings =====

Mathiaz to discuss with cjwatson about ubuntu-server upload team, not
done yet.

==== Beta1 Status review =====

BetaFreeze is thursday. Only beta targeted bugs will be accepted which
doesnt stop you from working on lower priority bugs and waiting for them
to be queued. This affects several specs such as the
eucalyptus-merging-and-packaging, since we might want to target several
bugs to fix.  Things for papercuts, bugzapping, puppet-testsuite: fixes
of lesser importance should be queued for post beta1freeze.

The following bugs are targeted for Beta1:

  * 499389
  * 526480
  * 519513

==== Weekly Updates & Questions from QA Team =====

Hggdh still mentioned that the Mysql 5.0 testsuite is still failing to
build. However, since Mysql 5.0 is going to be removed it should
probably be removed from the automated testsuite build process. It was
also noticed that Atlas was being built as well. It was questioned why
it is being built in the PPA as well. Hggdh will also look at how the
UEC test rig is run as well.

[ACTION] hggdh to remove mysql5.0 and question atlas in the build
regression test rig

==== Weekly Updates & Questions from Kernel Team ====

Bug #527208 is still outstanding and will not make it for the beta since
the kernel is closed on monday. For bug #531823 we hope to have a work
around for Lucid. JJohansen mentioned that we had a late rebasing for
the EC2 kernel so keep your eyes open for bugs. The vlan-modules udeb
should be available in beta1 as well.

==== Euca2ools/Boto 1.9 test coverage =====

We run our euca2ools with boto 1.9 while upstream tests with boto 1.8
and we always tend to run the same set of commands. In order to get
confidence that lesser used commands are working, ttx prepared a
testcase page coverage at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Boto19TestCoverage.
When you use the euca2ools commands succesfully please update the page.
For the more complex commands, the idea is
test the optional parameters as well, which will take more time. If you
find something broken please open a bug and let smoser know.

==== Server Papercuts ====

Status for beta-1 :
https://launchpad.net/server-papercuts/+milestone/lucid-beta-1

Ttx remarked that 4 bugs out of 14 still open. Please feel free to fix
what you can especially before BetaFreeze. However there was no
nominations this week.

[ACTION] ttx to blog about the beta-1 campaign so far, to trigger new
candidates

==== Bugzapping status ====

Kirkland mentioned the qemu-kvm bugs were cut in half. Ttx said that the
bug zapping was going on wednesday and bug fixing was going on thursday.
These are the bugzapping days coming up in the future:

  * Eucalyptus (week after next)
  * Mysql (Week of Apr 1)

==== Server documentation ====

Ttx wanted to get an update from asommer about the Ubuntu Server Guide
documentation however asommer was not available. Ttx noted there was a
couple of sections out of date and was wondering if help was needed to
update it.

[ACTION] ttx to bring up status of server doc in an email thread

==== Weekly SRU Review =====

Bug #530945 was the only one to bring for an SRU.

==== Open Discussion ====

  * zul mentioned that PHP 5.3.1 transition was mostly done.
  * smoser wanted people to test EBS root volume for EC2.

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 17th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.