disk usage

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Tue Jun 29 12:49:31 UTC 2010

Am Di, 29.06.2010, 14:13 schrieb Kaushal Shriyan:

>> Hi Dirk,
>
> root at test:/# xfs_info /
> meta-data=/dev/disk/by-uuid/48a2bff8-240d-49d9-b19d-ad287ec0c613
> isize=256    agcount=16, agsize=1137225 blks
>          =                       sectsz=512   attr=1
> data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=18195600, imaxpct=25
>          =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks, unwritten=1
> naming   =version 2              bsize=4096
> log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=8884, version=1
>          =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=0
> realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0
> root at test:/#
>
> Please suggest further

Hi Kaushal,

not so easy to suggest any further steps and some more information would
be handy. What does your server do? Like Dirk suggested are you having a
lot of small files like you have it on a news server? Is it real hardware
or a virtual machine you are running? What programs are running? Maybe
important.

Have you rebootet your server? After a reboot do you have the same "lost"
43,1GB?

I would try and use a command line to find all files bigger than 1 GB and
see what is there. Then I would generate a large tarball of your server
and copy this tarball to another server. Then I would extract this tarball
on the other computer and analyze it carefully! Like does it needs the
same space as on the original server.

Hope this helps,

Michael