Server Team Meeting Minutes
Miano, Steven M.
Steven.Miano at mybrighthouse.com
Mon Jun 14 20:26:08 UTC 2010
In regards to the "run ISO testing coverage on alpha 1"...
I started seeding the Alpha 1 today on 3 different boxes from 3 different locations to supplement the current 3 that are out there. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of activity/interest in this, but still, I will keep the seeds up and running until at least Wednesday at around the same time (1630 est).
I'd like to attend the server meeting(s).
From: ubuntu-server-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [ubuntu-server-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Short [chuck.short at canonical.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:50 PM
To: ubuntu-server at lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Server Team Meeting Minutes
Sorry for being late.
==== Agenda ====
Items we will be discussing:
* Review ACTION points from previous meeting
* ACTION: all to run ISO testing coverage on alpha1
* ACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso
tracker - Carry over
* ACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a
more detailed work item overview for
server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades - Carry over
* ACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from
* Maverick development (jib)
* Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
* UEC related specs (jib)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
* atop kernel patch
* Bug:587893: linux-image-2.6.34-5-virtual is oversized, results in
oversized server ISO
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
* Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
* Weekly SRU review:
* Open Discussion
* Announce next meeting date and time
* Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting
==== Minutes ====
## Use title4 (ie ======== ) for each section of the minutes
## Only topics discussed during the meetings should be put in the
## Status reporting is done via another channel.
==== Action Points from Previous Meetings ====
* Action: Alpha 1 testing - Alpha1 testing went well, nothing appear to
blow up, only had 50% coverage for Alpha1 need more for Alpha2
[ACTION] ttx to coordinate testing for Alpha 2
* Action: smoser to ensure cloud images make it for Alpha. This was
done and tested. Now that slangasek doesnt do release management anymore
else needs to be trained.
[ACTION] smoser to train someone on the release team on the cloud image
* Action: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more
detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades.
Action has been carried over
* Action: sommer to present a list of sections that need input from the
server team. No action was taken. Action has been carried over.
==== Maverick Development ====
The burn down chart is looking a little twisted due to the appearance of
the UEC blueprints and more. All high specs should be 25% completion and
that is not the case. It is
worrying that at least 3 of the high specs have 0/1 items done and no
status update. As a reminder please update your status and work items by
EOB Monday. With regards to UEC specs a
split has been made for the work between alpha2/3 and onwards and we'd
like to make sure this reflects reality
[ACTION] all to keep their specs uptodate with workitems (4-16 hours
each) and update their status monday EOB
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
Carlos remarked that:
1. UEC test rig is ready to test the new SRUs
2. I cannot put Maverick in right now due to bug #588861
3. I am indeed a bit behind, but should catch up fast
After that a whole discussion about SRU processes and sponsorship
processes took place revolving around mongodb.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
Jjohansen will look at atop patches and how important they are. Ttx
mentioned that 587893 was fixed and that a maverick backport kernel was
available. Jjohansen said he would review the patchset, we are concerned
with possibe performance degradation and breakage.
==== Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx) ====
There was 14 targets nominated and 4 were fixed.
==== Stable Release Updates ====
No bugs were nominated for SRU backports.
==== Open Discussion ====
==== Next Meeting ====
The next meeting will be at Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC -
======== Agree on next meeting date and time ========
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 15th at 15:00 UTC in
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server at lists.ubuntu.com
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.
More information about the ubuntu-server