Directory Server on Ubuntu?

Jorge Armando Medina jmedina at e-compugraf.com
Thu Jul 1 17:36:12 UTC 2010

En 07/01/2010 06:11 AM, Benjamin Griese wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recommend and personally use OpenLDAP.
> The packages in repo are easy to use and install and there is plenty of
> documentation in the server guide (atleast when I installed back on 9.10).

My vote for OpenLDAP, you can build a secure directory server
integrating MIT Kerberos with OpenLDAP and provide a real single sign on
enviroment, and.. if you want to control windows machines you can add
samba to the recipe and provide  semi domain controller.

Adding kerberos to a ldap directory it is essential for a secure enviroment.

Afaik, there are information in the server guide for integrating mit
kerberos, openldap and samba.

There is a neat solution called Zivios which integrates this services to
provide a real sso enviroment based on kerberos, ldap, dns and other
services la Certificate Authority, it works on ubuntu server 8.04 and
have a nice gui.

Best regards.