proposed universe demotion: virt-manager (or, a request for active maintenance)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 05:05:32 UTC 2010

2010/1/31 Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at canonical.com>:
> Let me reiterate ...  I am not proposing that we drop it from the
> archive, but merely move it from Main to Universe.

Yup, I understand that.

I meant to say I was hoping for the second part of the email subject
"better active maintenance" but then a followup email mentions a
PPA which I guess might have the latest, or worst case I can just
manually download latest upstream source and build it myself.

So there are options, yes. I was just trying to point out that the current state
of it makes is near impossible for an average joe to use, forcing a switch to
other ones.

I wonder if its better to drop this less-well-maintained package from the repos,
so that a random user realises its missing and then goes looking for a PPA
or upstream source instead of using the stale package and getting a wrong
impression (like I did) and not bothering to look for a PPA.