proposed universe demotion: virt-manager (or, a request for active maintenance)

Nikolai K. Bochev n.bochev at grandstarco.com
Sat Jan 30 11:30:04 UTC 2010

I am currently ( karmic ) using virt-manager from a PPA ( https://launchpad.net/~dnjl/+archive/virtualization ) along with libvirt and qemu/kvm from there. It would be really nice if virt-manager gets the needed attention, since for now it is really the only viable option if you want to work with KVM under a graphical environment. Not to mention it's the only way to actually view a console of virtual machines and easy add/remove devices/ram/whatever again to a remote KVM server ( yes i know and i can use the CLI commands, but it's a different experience ). You can actually view the cpu/net/hdd loads with virt-manager in real time also, the CLI doesn't give you that , at least not in such a nice way. If ubuntu wants to push KVM as virtualization tech, you should support all the tools for it.