disable sleep on ubuntu server

Gunjan Patidar gunjan at foodiebay.com
Wed Jan 27 15:04:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I recently installed a server with ubuntu server 8.04. I'm able to access
the web server and can login through ssh remotely.
But after I leave the server idle for about 1 hour. I can no longer ssh or
access the web server.
When i physically go to the server the monitor is blank, when I tap the
keyboard it lights up but appache and ssh are still not working (althogh the
service status is running). I have to restart the machine to get them back
up running

How can I disable all power management on the machine so that it is always
on. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
--
Gunjan Patidar