Mail Server

Jorge Armando Medina jmedina at e-compugraf.com
Wed Jan 20 16:02:12 UTC 2010

Andrew Butcher wrote:
> Greeting .I need some help setting up a Mail Server using ubuntu

For a simple and almost automated I recommend to install  the
postfix-dovecot metapackage, this package will setup Postfix for
SMTP(s)+Dovecot's LDA, Dovecot for IMAP(s), POP3(s) and sieve, with this
you will have authenticated and secure mail services (thanks ivoks :) ).

I recommend install and configure postfix with dovecot, understand how
the system works and then research about amavisd-new with clamav and
spamassassin, it is easier to integrate with postfix-dovecot.

Best regards.

--
Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México
Email: jmedina at e-compugraf.com
GPG Key: 1024D/28E40632 2007-07-26
GPG Fingerprint: 59E2 0C7C F128 B550 B3A6  D3AF C574 8422 28E4 0632