Ubuntu Server Guide and LDAP multi-master replication

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Wed Jan 13 20:20:30 UTC 2010

Matt Kassawara wrote:
> MMR on two systems works quite well with a fairly simple
> configuration and tends reduce complexity of methods used to provide
> redundancy (e.g., Linux-HA).

This is where I disagree: I do not think MMR is useful for the common
scenario, and actually has drawbacks (and, yes, add complexity too).  I
am not *against* documenting MMR, but we should steer users toward the
standard directory model first and foremost.

HA is a completely different topic, and not one the guide try to address
in that section.  At least, not in its current form.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd