RFC: redhat-cluster-suite demotion to universe

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Sun Feb 7 19:15:30 UTC 2010

On 07.02.2010 19:01, Mathias Gug wrote:

> I had a discussion with Fabio, the upstream redhat-cluster-suite
> maintainer, and it seems that the stack corosync+openais+pacemaker is
> not feature equivalent with the current redhat-cluster-suite. Moreover
> redhat-cluster-suite is currently updated to use the new components
> but is not ready yet.

Well, parts of cluster suite will be unmaintained. I doubt support for
distributed lock manager or gfs2 will be dropped (and those are only
things we need). Stuff that will go away are cman, rgmanager, etc...

> options. I wonder if demoting redhat-cluster-suite for lucid while
> keeping the new stack in universe would be the best option for the
> time frame that covers Lucid (LTS)?

I would really like to see new stack in main. I've spent last two-three
weeks testing it, adopting other packages and I'd rather use new stack
than any version of cman (RHCS).

To be clear, I do have strong feelings about this.