Mail Server

Eric Peters eric at linuxsystems.net
Wed Feb 3 18:02:48 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

     I have experience running a mailscanner back in 2004 on a Gentoo
box. And as far as my knowledge; that thing kept running hands off
till the company sold last year. It's a nice sold platform, once it
gets trained a bit. And I agree with Scott about Mailscanner and
Postdoc playing in the same sand box, it's only going to give you a
headache in the future. On a side note: My new deployment of ASSP
http://assp.sourceforge.net/ (2 weeks old) ran into an issue last
night and this morning. Seems a spam message is causing ASSP to
segfault perl. Once they fix their forums I will file a bug report.
The root cause is the mail header had 1702 "content type" statements
(buffer over flow I'm thinking) but in the mean time I whipped up a
Nagios plugin to to check for ASSP running on the local system, and if
it's not running start it up. etc.... But so far that's the only issue
I have had with it.

Cheers,
Eric