[ubuntu-cloud] Cloud Training events

dettymac bill at chipmunk.tv
Mon Dec 20 15:08:35 UTC 2010

Hi Ahmed,
I believe a true cloud would be best run on a Grid infrastructure, not
in the way Amazon and others are simply setting you up with a virtual
machine which can only scale to set hardware implemented on.  This needs
optimization at the Linux Kernel level for efficient real-time
scalability.  XtreemOS, another open source Linux server project is
making great progress in this area and I would like if anyone working on
Ubuntu server/cloud take a look at their code for possible
implementation.
http://www.xtreemos.eu/
Redundancy is also an area in which needs addressing, Cloud assets
should have an exact duplicate in different Physical locations with
different ISP's
Seamless integration between IPV4 and IPV6
For those on Facebook there is a group specific to XtreemOS:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77236338476

I hope this information is helpful to you or anyone developing Ubuntu
server and cloud architecture.
Thanks
Bill Detty