FTBFS's in Natty

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 9 12:48:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I recently did an archive rebuild of the server seed package set for
Natty on both i386 and amd64.  It uncovered a number of FTBFS's (Failed
to build from source).

These are the /minimum/ of packages that the server team consider
important.  If you are interested in Ubuntu server development, this is
a good opportunity to get involved.  I have raised bugs[0] for each of
the packages that I could not build, but as it was automated - I think
it's a good idea to try building again to confirm there is an issue (it
may of been transient).

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to the list or
directly to myself.

Thanks!

Here are the results:
#############
Source packages: 288
Architecture i386: 18 of 151 failed to build
Architecture amd64: 18 of 151 failed to build
Architecture all (built on i386): 4 of 137 failed to build

If this is successful, I will do this process regularly... I hope to
obtain ARM and PowerPC hardware, and can equally do it with that.

[0] Bugs Raised: http://tinyurl.com/server-ftbfs

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker