KSM Control Scripts

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Aug 23 16:43:02 UTC 2010

Quoting Nikolai K. Bochev (n.bochev at grandstarco.com):
> I've stumbled upon those on the Proxmox VE forums, and as far as i can see they're in Fedora12 by default too.
> http://gitorious.org/ksm-control-scripts
> http://download.proxmox.com/sources/
>

> Has anyone tested those on 10.04 KVM Host ?

Not I

> Any reason why they aren't included in Lucid ?

Well, there is some talk out there (no links handy) about KSM being
a performance hog anyway, and some people seem to turn it off.

> I'll be giving those a shot next few days, will see how it goes.

That'd be great, thanks in advance.  In particular, if you get some
statistics about performance with various settings vs. # VMS vs mem
vs cpu overhead, that'd be very useful.

thanks,
-serge