Server Team 20100817 meeting minutes
clint at ubuntu.com
clint at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 18 04:33:06 UTC 2010
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100817.
==== Meeting Actions ====
* SpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC
* zul to nudge forward upstart script review process
* jjohansen to review bug 493156
* zul to review papercut status of bug 582963
==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====
* everyone to pick 1 or 2 papercuts for the beta cycle
* deferred until later point of order
* zul to continue clean up the SRU assigne list by prodding people on status:
* SpamapS to finalize and send ruby gems proposal to ubuntu-devel
* proposal finalized, action for coming week to submit as bug on debian
* ttx to send email about 10.04.1 release process to server team: DONE
==== Maverick development (jib) ====
* jiboumans is concerned that we are not 40% complete, which is where we
should be in the
* https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-uec-testing -
build 1231 just recently landed and should correct previously reported errors.
kirkland is concerned as well and feels many of the items may need to be
dropped. jiboumans and kirkland to resolve offline.
conversion - zul says this is mostly stalled on getting the upstart scripts
reviewed, and will "nudge" the reviewers.
* https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-qa-workflow -
hggdh to postpone for post-maverick.
* jiboumans reminded everyone that if they are under 40% completion rate, they
should look at their assigned specs and contact him if they feel they will not
be completed for the beta cycle.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
* (hggdh) UEC testing is progressing and build 1231 was pending build on a PPA
before testing could commence on it.
* (hggdh) QA is taking a look at bugs that are tagged regression-* and will be
pushing server-team related bugs
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
* https://launchpad.net/bugs/574910 - high load for lucid on ec2 - is mostly
phantom load, plan is to close that bug and open more specific bugs to target
the issues that have caused so much piling on.
* (Omahn) requested review of bug 493156
* (jjohansen) pv-ops kernel is still buggy, there is a chance the -ec2 kernel
will have to be used instead. smoser doesn't want to see that happen, but
acknowledges that it may be necessary.
* (jjohansen) kernel tema will be making the "pv-on-hvm drivers" available for
testing purposes in a PPA
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Community Team (kim0) ====
* kim0 was unable to attend, so this topic was skipped
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====
* (sommer) says things are going smoothly, and he will have time to work on
some new content this week
* (sommer) String Freeze is Sept 9. sommer has discussed dropping the ubuntu-
serverguide package and forwarded that discussion to the ubuntu-server mailing
list after the meeting.
==== Papercuts status (jib) ====
* Two papercuts were left, and mathiz and zul stepped up to claim/evaluate
==== Open Discussion ====
* (mathiaz) 10.04.1 ISO testing had all server tests completed.
* (andreserl) cluster stack is waiting on a MIR for pacemaker to be approved
==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 2010-08-24 at 1800 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
More information about the ubuntu-server