Server Team 20100803 meeting minutes
mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 3 23:43:22 UTC 2010
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here:
==== Meeting Actions ====
* SpamapS to send ruby gems proposel to ubuntu-devel
* zul to clean up the SRU assigne list by prodding people on status
* everyone to pick 1 or 2 papercuts for the beta cycle
==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====
* SpamapS to work with mathiaz on a proposal, and send proposal to -devel on
ruby gems in ubuntu: Work in progress.
* Daviey & kirkland to review
* entire team to fix your papercuts by end-of-the-week: reviewed later in a
* SpamapS and ScottK to reivew Kolab php5 patches: patches submitted to
upstream and should be available after alpha3.
==== Maverick development (jib) ====
* alpha3 overcommitted, several WI postponed to beta.
* cloud-utils, daily-vcs, uec-monitoring: won't be able to be done before FF.
* added blueprints to track ongoing work like ISO testing and triaging, just
to provide more insight, so those will be in the tracker as well starting the
* most blueprints should be scoped for the beta workloads now, so please have
a look and make sure there are no anomalies.
==== Alpha3-milestoned bugs (ttx) ====
* remaining bugs were retargeted to beta
* UEC: All-in-one topo working, other topologies and loadtesrting are still
==== Alpha3 ISO testing (ttx) ====
* ISO respin tomorrow morning: concentrate your ISO testing efforts on
* Cloud images will also be respun.
Remember area of ISO testing, it's marked down on the corresponding work item.
==== Magical powers ====
ttx bragged about the fact that he could take on a triceratops with his bare
hands and the power of his look. jiboumans shattered ttx dreams reminding him
that science had proved triceratops didn't actually exist.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
* Eucalyptus only works in all-in-one
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
* switch to a 2.6.35 pv-ops kernel
* started to bisect kernel to chase down high load bug  for idle
instances on ec2.
* Spamaps asked the kernel team to keep on rockin in the free world.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Community Team (kim0) ====
* working with IS on releasing the maps app for the 10.04.1 release
* Cloud Portal specs  updated and feedback is welcome
==== Weekly SRU review (zul) ====
* SRU tracker  operational now.
==== Server papercuts (ttx) ====
* Beta cycle  is about to get started.
==== Team member activity and presence: Eurekastreams ====
* mathiaz ran into Eureka streams  and wondered if that could be used track
team member activity automatically. jiboumans, ttx and Spamaps looked at it
and found potential.
* ttx has been missing recently is some presence tool. Eureka streams may not
help in that regard. Being able to tell people are "at work". Crosscheking
with calendars doesn't really help.
==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 10th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ubuntu-server