iSCSI target software

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Fri Apr 30 16:13:32 UTC 2010

Hello all,

It seems like we have two options if we want to run an iSCSI target (a
"server") in lucid:

- iscsitarget: widely used, but seems unmaintained.

- tgt: the project seems more active, it's been recommended to me by
people who had to use both, but the Ubuntu package lack an init script /
upstart job to start tgtd.

Both are in universe.

I am wondering what people think of these two options, and if it would
be appropriate to write a MIR to get one of those in main.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

  ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~