UDS Maverick: Call for Blueprints for Ubuntu Server

Benjamin Griese der.darude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:21:37 UTC 2010

Hi Mark,

thats a quite good idea, at the moment I prefer Apache Directory Studio.
When you have got a client system to manage the server, its imo the better
solution to administer your DIT.
Its available for lnx, win and mac. Therefore it covers the most platforms.
:)

Bye.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 19:16, Mark Foster <mark at foster.cc> wrote:

> On 04/28/2010 09:45 AM, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > with reasonable default ACLs, on which new LDAP
> > administrators could build on and have a starting place for whatever
> > setup they wanted
> Do you or will you consider having phpldapadmin as part of this
> "starting place"
> Because, administering LDAP from the command line can have quite steep
> learning curve vs. using the (web) gui once the dir servers is ready for
> that.
>
> Also, if LDAP is to be integrated for the DNS, powerdns
> (pdns-backend-ldap) does pretty well.
>
> --
> I hate racists.  Mark D. Foster<mark at foster.cc>
> http://mark.foster.cc/ |  http://www.freegeekseattle.org/

To be or not to be -- Shakespeare | To do is to be -- Nietzsche | To be is
to do -- Sartre | Do be do be do -- Sinatra