Quality regression in 10.04 for servers?

Janåke Rönnblom jan-ake at ronnblom.se
Sun Apr 11 09:26:34 UTC 2010

Hi!

Is it only me or has the quality of the server releases of Ubuntu been lowered? I know that it's still in beta stage but Im worried about the final release and that I might have to find (yet) another server release.

I have been hit by three bugs the last few months running on a alpha/beta release:
- No support for the latest DELL RAID cards at install.
- Problem with mounting iSCSI at boot.
- No screen at boot on IBM x3550 server. Can't login other than by using ssh.

Or am I just having a bad streak with 10.04 and our hardware?

-J

Janåke Rönnblom
mobile: +46-70-3970743
web: http://www.ronnblom.se
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it poorly." -- Henry Spencer