Problem with no display on 10.04 beta2 server

Janåke Rönnblom jan-ake at ronnblom.se
Sun Apr 11 09:15:17 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have an IBM 3550 server where I have installed the 10.04 beta2 server on. On reboot after the BIOS messages all I get is a blinking cursor and then it disappears. If I try ALT+F1/F2, ENTER and so nothing happens no login prompt nothing!

Connecting through ssh works but I fear the day when I need to troubleshoot the server at the console...

-J

Janåke Rönnblom
mobile: +46-70-3970743
web: http://www.ronnblom.se
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it poorly." -- Henry Spencer