Status of Ubuntu Server documentation for 10.04

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 2 07:00:34 UTC 2010

Le 02/04/2010 01:57, Mat wrote:
> On 10-03-23 11:04 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> * Likewise Open 5
>> There is no longer likewise-open5 in lucid, so references to it should
>> be removed.
>
> If likewise is to be removed, than what is the alternative (or
> recommended way) to joining an Active Directory domain? Likewise open
> has been a major time saver for setting Samba shares with AC domain
> authentication and I would very much hate going back to the manual
> winbind configuration of the past.
> [...]

You read me wrong. The "likewise-open5" package (which was a universe
package) is no longer in lucid. The "likewise-open" package (which is in
main) has been updated to 5.4 and is still in lucid. There was no reason
to keep the now-redundant likewise-open5 package.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez
Ubuntu server team