Karmic for Sparc

Michael Casadevall mcasadevall at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 21 20:48:12 UTC 2009

Just a followup to previous emails, d-i netboot and server CDs are
building again (my patch to silo was uploaded yesterday):

Netboot: http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/dists/karmic/main/installer-sparc/current/images/netboot/
CD: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/ports/daily/current/

I haven't tested these at all yet. As it stands, I've seen issues
booting the latest karmic upstart on sparc. If anyone else can
reproduce (it causes a panic at start with init exploding), I'd be
glad to assist with debugging, but I don't have too much time to run
this down on my own.
Michael