acl in karmic

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 26 22:31:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:24:34AM -0400, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> It seems like the acl package got demoted to universe in karmic.  Does
> someone knows the rationale behind that decision?

acl itself was never seeded. It was in main due to it being a dependency
of hal. With 0.5.13-1ubuntu1, hal dropped this dependency.  As such,
nothing "pulls acl into main", so to speak.

Note, I'm simply explaining the mechanics, not arguing against acl's
inclusion in main.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team