ubuntu RBLDNS?

Ryan Parrish rparrish at freightlogistics.com
Mon Oct 26 00:38:32 UTC 2009

On Oct 24, 2009, at 10:01 AM, ahsiangsiang wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I actually looking on build a RBLDNS server for my Email server, and
> we will locate it in other data center as well. I searching around
> RBLDNSD but the latest update was 2007 (if not mistake)

Are you trying to just have your mail sever use an existing RBLDNS
server, or do you want to have your *OWN* RBLDNS server that your mail
server queries?  If you just want to have your mail server query a
RBLDNS, just add the following to your main.cf file (assuming your
using postfix, and want to use spamhaus)

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = (all your other restrictions),
reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, permit

If you are looking run a clone of the spamhaus server, like if you
have a very high volume mail server, check here...
http://www.spamhaus.org/datafeed/index.html