Eucalyptus UEC-003 Test Results

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:45:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Joseph Salisbury
<josephtsalisbury at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't believe that my node was found.  But then again, I never told
> the Cluster what my nodes IP address(Or MAC Address) was, so how could
> it know how to address it?  During the Cluster installation, I
> specified some Virtual IP Addresses that will be used(Step 26 of
> UEC-001), but nothing specific to a node.  Should the be a step in
> UEC-003 to do something like: sudo euca_conf -addnode
> IP_ADDRESS_OF_NODE ?

You node should have been installed to use DHCP.

After installation, it should be broadcasting that its a eucalyptus
node by avahi.

The discover-nodes command should pick up that avahi broadcast, and
detect the ip address, and prompt you to add the node.

If that's not working, there's probably a bug somewhere.

:-Dustin