NFS export of a squashfs

Gabriel A. von Winckler winckler at campogeral.com.br
Fri Mar 20 15:49:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying a very unusual setup, and I need to export a squashfs over
NFS.

Every document say that it should be possible (if generate the squash
image without the -no-export flag), but I receive the follow error from
exportfs (nfs-kernel-server):

 exportfs: Warning: /mountpoint does not support NFS export.

A unionfs mountpoint, that should work, doesn't either.

I tried that with a livecd of PCLinuxOS, kernel 2.6.26.8, and works.

Is that the expected behavior in Ubuntu? In which package should start
to debug?

Thanks,

Winckler

P.S: I'm using 9.04 alpha, but I also tried on a 8.10.