partman-auto-raid shown in docs but not on server cd (8.04)

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 6 21:32:13 UTC 2009

Hi Joe,

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:12:55AM -0500, Joe McDonagh wrote:
> Hey Mathias, sounds like you're a busy guy but did you see my last
> e-mail? I was wondering if A. the docs for 8.04 that talk about
> partman-auto-raid could include a note like "this is not by default
> included in 8.04 LTS", to save someone else the trouble I've gone
> through and B. Were you insinuating I use the intrepid installer to
> install hardy? I've never done that so I want to make sure that's what
> you were getting at.

I would *not* try to use the intrepid release to install hardy. Even
though partman-auto-raid is not on the -server iso, it's available from
the archive. So a network installation should work correctly (ie don't
use the -server iso). In the early command you'd have to use wget to
download the partman-auto-raid udeb and install it with udpkg -i.

Here is a sample of an early_command that something similar:

d-i preseed/early_command string wget -O /tmp/keyring.udeb http://www.emdebian.org/d-i/emdebian-archive-keyring-udeb_1.4.3.1_all.udeb && udpkg -i /tmp/keyring.udeb

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com