Server Team 20090303 meeting minutes

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Wed Mar 4 20:38:44 UTC 2009

I'm replying on mailing list, since others might have the same
questions.

U Sri, 04. 03. 2009., u 22:11 +0200, Imre Gergely je napisao/la:

> But why is that link point to dovecot source package, wouldn't be better
> to have it separated, like postfix-dovecot, so it's not really postfix,
> nor dovecot, but specifically bug of the two integrated ?

Cause of some ports of debian policy (binaries can't overwrite
configuration files of other binaries) and common sense, we can't have
another package, without including full source of dovecot and postfix in
it - which is out of the question. Since, postfix does have an interface
to its configuration file - postconf, but dovecot doesn't, we integrated
this binary inside of dovecot source.

There for, all the bugs should be reported against dovecot source.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MailServer

> I guess I'll have until next Tuesday to give some feedback? :)

Bugs and feedback are always welcome :)