Ubuntu Server tips fortune?

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Tue Jun 30 21:34:49 UTC 2009

On 06/23/2009 06:12 PM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> Following up on a discussion started at UDS, and continued in the last
> Ubuntu Server community meeting, I have just started a wiki page to list
> possible tips for Ubuntu Server Edition:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/server-tips

Following up on the community meeting today, I have added a section
proposing rules for what can and cannot considered a useful tip.  I am
pasting them here for your review.

 * Tips should not be any longer than 2 lines of 80 characters.
 * Tips are not advertisement, but information. No paid services or
product can be referred to here, except if and an exception is granted
during a server community meeting.
 * Tips should only refer to what's directly available in Ubuntu Server
Edition and in main, except if and an exception is granted during a
server community meeting.
 * Tips needs to be meaningful to most administrators.
 * Mention of a new package or tool should always include a pointer
(url) to get more information.
 * Url in tips should preferably not be pointing to a wiki page, which
holds to high a risk to be defaced.

Comments and suggestions are of course welcome.

Nick