Making multiversion install USB stick

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu Jun 25 14:39:10 UTC 2009

Hi all

At work we have (eventually) decided to move most Linux boxes to
Ubuntu. We are standardising on Ubuntu 8.04LTS for most servers, 9.04
for servers where more newer libs are needed and 9.04 for
workstations. So, given a combination of three different versions of
Ubuntu and two different architectures (32/64bit), this six images in
total. An 8GB USB stick doesn't cost much these days, so would it
possible or hard to have all of these on a pen drive and setup grub or
something for me to choose? USB-creator is nice, but using <10% of USB
device (the 8GB one) or having six smaller ones, one to each version/
architecture, seems a waste.

Thank you for your input

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å