libvirt: can't install OpenSSH using vmbuilder.

Jarl Friis jarl at gavia.dk
Wed Jun 24 12:57:54 UTC 2009

Hi.

I use Jaunty, and is now trying to build a JeOS virtual server.

I have followed the instructions on:
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/jeos-and-vmbuilder.html

and created a boot.sh.

Yet after booting the new VM openSSH is not installed.

If I use virt-viewer to see what is happening. There are lots of
messages about can't resolve ubuntu.com

I have configured brdige networking and th VM gets it's IP from a DHCP
server.

The problem might be that the VM have not yet configured the network
at the time the boot.sh script is executed. Any other ideas?

Does anyone have any hints on how I can see the exact errormessage
during initial boot, they are disappearing quite fast on the virtual
VGA screen.

Jarl