Interface bonding

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:40:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> That is the recommended way to set up bonded interfaces. If it does not
> work as intended, that's a bug we need to fix. Can you file a bug on
> Launchpad about your problems?

I've set up bonded interfaces and always had consistent results with the
"slaves eth0 eth1" method (plus a few other settings).  However, it would
not work AT ALL when I tried to add vlans on top of a bonded interface.  I
filed a bug about it here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/352384 ,
but you'll see it has gotten zero attention, so good luck if you file a bug
report.

I wonder though, if I use pre-up entries to create the bond device, maybe
then it would work with vlans...

James