libvirt/kvm networking

Aljosa Mohorovic aljosa.mohorovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:30:48 UTC 2009

my host machine is on a local network 10.0.2.0/255 and i'm trying to
configure libvirt/kvm so that guest machine can be accessed by host
machine and other machines on local network and guest machine can
access other machines on local network.
i've been reading https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/Networking and
other docs and i just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong, i can't
make it work.

# cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_maxwait 0

this is my network config, can somebody post
- /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml # default network config for libvirt
- /etc/libvirt/qemu/ubuntu.xml # config for image created using vmbuilder
so i could check what i'm doing wrong.

any help/comments appreciated.

Aljosa Mohorovic