[Ubuntu-ha] Status of DRBD

Martin Gerhard Loschwitz martin.loschwitz at linbit.com
Wed Jun 17 07:10:23 UTC 2009

Stefan Lesicnik wrote:
> 2009/6/16 Ante Karamatić <ivoks at grad.hr>
>
>> I would like to bring kernel part of the whole package to Server Team.
>> That way Server Team would control whole package and would be able to
>> create backported packages for previous releases or utilize PPA.
>>
>> This could be achieved with dkms. So, my question goes to Kernel Team:
>>
>> Do you consider using dkms as a bad idea for this purpose? And do you
>> have any suggestions or recommendations on how to solve this?
>

> I am just a user of DRDB, but currently compile it myself against the latest
> kernel. From my understanding, DKMS would be perfect for this (this is what
> it was designed for!) and I would really enjoy to see it move this way.
>
> Stefan

Good Morning,

this is quite an interesting idea; right now, the way the kernel
packages are built is still very similar to the Debian way to do
it (I'm upstream/debian maintainer for it), but using DKMS might
very well be an alternative to this.

Best Regards
Martin

--
: Martin G. Loschwitz			Tel +43-1-8178292-63  :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH	Fax +43-1-8178292-82  :