Server Team 20090728 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at
Tue Jul 28 18:37:40 UTC 2009


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== SRU tracking on server-related packages ====

mathiaz had a chat with bdmurray about a way to generate a list of bugs that
have been fix for a previous week. bdmurray has a script that almost does the

ACTION: mathiaz to follow up with bdmurray about the list of fixed released
bugs related to the ubuntu-server team.

==== Ubuntu HA team: Cluster stack update ====

mathiaz reported that the latest version of drbd had been uploaded to Debian.
It was using DKMS as suggested by ivoks. The drbd package has been synced in
Ubuntu Karmic.

RoAkSoAx updated the Ubuntu HA roadmap [1]. We are just waiting for the Debian
packages of pacemaker and heartbeat, since openais is already in Debian
experimental, and corosync is about to reach it.


==== Mysql 5.1 in karmic main ====

mathiaz announced that MySQL 5.1 had been uploaded to Debian unstable and
outlined a proposal to move 5.1 from universe to main. The two identified
blockers have been solved:
1. The test suite is run during the 5.1 build.
1. In MySQL 5.1, cluster support is disabled. Upgrades from 5.0 to 5.1 are
aborted if the NDB cluster engine is used and a message suggests to remove the
mysql-server package.
Uploading 5.1 to main now would mean going through another library transition.

ACTION: mathiaz to send an email to ubuntu-devel@ outlining the proposal to
move 5.1 into main.

==== Cloud power management ====

kirkland considers that powernap and powerwake are feature-complete. He is in
testing mode and is looking for a rackable server that has S3 in
/proc/acpi/sleep. Anyone willing to help out should contact him.

==== Ubuntu Server Guide ====

sommer has been busy updating the Ubuntu Server Guide according to the plan
[2] laid out during UDS.


==== Asterisk ====

jmdault resumed his work on getting the Asterisk stack updated in Ubuntu. More
work is required and cooperation with the Debian team is going on. mathiaz
suggested to write up a basic outline of a plan for Karmic in a wiki page [3].

ACTION: jmdault to write up a basic plan for Astrisk for Karmic.


==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 4th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <>

More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list